Monday, June 14, 2010

55 Days Left

Already 4 days have passed. How did that happen?

A quick update on me, I don't know what my starting weight was, a week ago, the last time I weighed myself was at school 3 weeks ago. Because I am home and don't have access to the school scale, I will have to use a different scale to check during the summer. According to it, I am up 5 pounds from 3 weeks ago. I don't know how accurate it is, since there would be some zeroing out difference, but still, disheartening. However, I did measure myself and I have decreased in my measurements: .5 in waist, .25 in hips, 1 in bust, .75 and .5 in thighs, and .5 and .25 in arms. That's positive. We'll see how this week goes.

Okay, now time for goals:

Shortterm - do something that qualifies (the qualifies is what is important) as exericise for at least 30 minutes a day. Make this a habit. I try to keep busy (except for when I sit and become a blob and waste time on the computer or watching Hulu) but that usually doesn't include me setting aside some time for actual working out. I need to work on that! Active is good, incorporating real exercise into my daily routine is even better.

Longterm - Get into a size 8 (a 6 would be amazing, but 8 would be awesome!). I'd like to say lose 30-35 pounds, but I'm more concerned about how my clothes fit than what the scale says.

I have been making all of Yoshiyahu's food (yesterday I did Kale, Carrots, Applesauce, Mango, and Watermelon. Today I did Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Spinach, Zucchini, and Avocado. I feel accomplished!). I have been buying all organic fruits and vegetables, and being home for the summer, I am able to make homemade meals, healthy, and eat good food, when I'm not being lazy. I am discovering the joys of the freezer. I made homemade pesto (I know, NOT low-fat) and a chunky, spicy spaghetti sauce, which is practically more veggies than it is sauce. I cooked whole wheat noodles and then took servings of each and froze them for later use. Now, if I keep doing that, I should be able to get something healthy and homemade out of the freezer and "prepare" a good meal I don't feel guilty about, even if I am being lazy!!

I guess I need to make my life work for me. Maybe I can't cook a meal everyday, but that doesn't mean that I can't reheat something I have cooked before and frozen, right?

Okay, I am going to go work on the living room now, or (when Yoshiyahu wakes up) go walk to the mechanics and pick up the car, that would be a 2.6 mile walk!!

No comments:

Post a Comment